Looking for something easy, healthy, and delicious to make for breakfast? Then these Oats Idli are perfect for you. Idli recipes are very common across India, especially in southern India. There are various types of idli’s which can be cherished anytime.
Usually, the instant idli’s are made with semolina(suji). But we have replaced the suji with oats which is best for those who are health conscious. Oats Idli is a quick and instant recipe which are healthy as well as tasty and are made with oats, curd, semolina, herbs and spices. No fermentation is required to make this quick idli recipe.
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cup yoghurt
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal (split black dal)
- 1 tsp chana dal (split bengal gram)
- few curry leaves
- 3 chilies (finely chopped)
- 4-5 cashews
- 1 cup water
- Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Eno fruit salt
- Place oats in a pan and dry roast them for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Let it cool down and then dry grind it in a blender to make it a powder.
- In another pan, heat oil.
- When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, udad dal, channa dal, asafetida, curry leaves and green chilli.
- Add chopped cashew to the seasoning.
- Mix well and sauté until light brown.
- Now add the ground oats powder and combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add salt and cook for a minute or two.
- Let the mixture cool down for few minutes.
- Transfer the prepared oats powder to a large bowl.
- Now add the required quantity of curd and stir well.
- Add Eno fruit salt to it.
- Add chopped cilantro
- Prepare a thick batter and leave it covered for 15 minutes
- Add required water if the batter is too thick.
- Now grease the idli moulds with oil using a brush.
- Pour the oats idli batter in each mould and put it in the steamer.
- Cover with a lid and steam for about 15 minutes over medium flame.
- After 15 minutes, check whether the idlis are properly cooked.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Check out This Recipe on Instagram Here!