Kathi roll is an Indian style burrito (Roti or Paratha’s) made with different kinds of fillings like mixed vegetable, paneer etc.
This time the filling I have used for the wrap is “Spiced Cauliflower"!
Ingredients for Spiced Cauliflower
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1/3 cup scallions chopped
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp amchur powder (mango)
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Directions for Spiced cauliflower
- Heat oil in a pan
- When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
- When it splutters add turmeric, ginger, garlic and green chilies and fry for 2 mints.
- Add tomatoes and further fry for 5 minutes till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add chopped cauliflower and sauté it.
- Add all the spices mentioned above and cover it and cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the cover, add peas and cook uncovered this time until done.
- Stir in the lemon juice and garnish with cilantro and scallions.
Garnishing for Kati Roll
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- 2 green chilies chopped
- Cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
Serving Suggestion for Kati Rolls/Wraps
- Heat the roti or tortilla wrap on a grill pan till crisp on both sides.
- Remove it and place it on the chopping board.
- Put in 2 tbsps of the spiced cauliflower on top of the roti.
- Now layer with chopped onions, cucumber, bell pepper, tomatoes, green chilies and cilantro.
- Squeeze some hot sauce over it.
- Roll the roti or tortilla like a burrito.
- Serve the Kati Rolls/burrito with green chutney or chili sauce.